Google

Google

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sprinters or druggists ?

Ben Johnson, Konstantenis Kantaris , Thanaou, Linford Christie, Marion Jones..... its an endless list(I deliberately didnot add Indians in this list). All those "speedsters" are nothing but druggists. And it is these very people who are supposed to have raised the spirits of their respective nation, making them proud (?).

When Jones won 5 medals(inclusive of being known as the fastest woman in the world) in 2000 olympics, she was a person of reverence for me. Also 2000 was a tough year - I was in look for inspiration & I took inspiration from whoever did achieve extraordinary success against all odds/difficulties.

Today Asfa Powell can run 100 mts in 9.77 seconds - but it hardly inspires me. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that its impossible for a normal human to run 100 mts in such blinding speeds. And to me its clear that the likes of Carl Lewis were cheats.

I have stopped watching athletics - its a show of drug cheats. There are much better games where steroids donot enhance the performance.

No comments: